Saint Francis Hospital recognizes the benefits of having the comfort of a support person, whether that be a family member, close friend or other individual, during a hospital stay. We welcome you to visit with your loved ones during a stay with us. Visitors may include, but are not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), family member or a friend.
Visitation rights won’t be restricted, limited or denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. Patients always have the right to deny visitors at any time.
Restrictions and Limitations for Visitors
Visitors are restricted when:
- Visitation may interfere with or hinder care or treatment.
- The potential for exposure to infectious or hazardous material place patients at risk.
- The hospital is aware of existing court orders restricting contact.
- Disruptive, threatening or violent behavior occurs.
- Rest and privacy is needed.
- A nurse/doctor needs individual time with you. Visitation by children is restricted in that the child must be at least 8 years old and must always be accompanied by an adult. Visitors should always check with the nurse regarding any planned visits by a child.