Stroke Recovery, Treatment & Rehab
Every second counts when there is the possibility of a stroke. At Saint Francis Hospital-Memphis, our Stroke Center provides rapid stroke treatment so you can achieve the best possible stroke recovery. We’re dedicated to reducing the risk and burden of cerebrovascular disease, including stroke, arteriovenous malformation and aneurysms.
Our highly trained staff uses evidence-based collaborative treatment and an interdisciplinary team approach. The Stroke Center’s five primary objectives are to:
- Assess the patient in a timely manner
- Provide rapid and appropriate treatment
- Preserve brain and brain function
- Prevent post-treatment complications
- Reduce residual effects
Saint Francis Stroke Emergency Center
Available 24/7, the Saint Francis Stroke Emergency Center works to limit damage from a stroke by providing immediate care. Seek medical attention immediately if you or someone you know experiences possible symptoms of a stroke:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the leg
- Sudden confusion or trouble understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Even if these signs or symptoms fluctuate or disappear, you should still call 911 immediately.
For more information about the Stroke Center at Saint Francis Hospital-Memphis, please call (901) 765-2229.