Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE)
Saint Francis Hospital provides care that is tailored to the unique needs of patients 65 and older through our Acute Care for Seniors (ACS) Inpatient Unit. Our team of health care professionals reviews and monitors each patient’s progress, problems and needs to help reduce loss of independent function. By looking at the total care picture rather than focusing just on the illness that led to the hospital stay, our staff is better able to help you or your loved one after the hospital stay has ended.
We make use of a state-of-the-art patient monitoring system, Care View, which allows for minimal use of physical restraints, creating a more comfortable environment. The ACS Unit is designed to encourage patients to socialize and remain as active as possible.
The ACS Unit offers special features that include:
- Board-certified geriatrician medical director
- Staff specially trained to meet geriatric patient needs
- Telemetry (cardiac monitoring)
- Emphasis on appropriate nutrition and mobility for seniors
- Minimal use of catheters and physical restraints
- Special Care Unit that cares for mildly confused patients, featuring a one-to-two staff-to-patient ratio
- Senior Activity Lounge, including a flat screen TV, Wii games, board games, library and music
For more information about the Saint Francis Hospital ACS Inpatient Unit, please call (901) 765-1154.