Recipe – Caramel Kettle Popcorn
This sweet popcorn has just a hint of salt to make this snack a perfectly balanced crunchy afternoon delight.
Calories: 102 Per Serving
Protein: 2g Per Serving
Fiber: 2g Per Serving
Serving Size: 2 Cups
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, preferably sea salt
• 8 cups air-popped popcorn (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon popcorn kernels)
• 5 drops unflavored liquid stevia sweetener
• 2 squeezes caramel-flavored liquid stevia sweetener
1. In a small skillet, heat the oil, both flavors of the liquid stevia sweetener and salt over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until warmed through, stirring occasionally. Let cool for 5 minutes.
2. Pour the mixture into a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. Shake well to coat the inside of the bag with the caramel mixture. Add the popped popcorn to the bag. Shake well to evenly coat.
3. Pour the popcorn into a serving bowl.
Cooking Tip: To make homemade popcorn in a jiffy, you can use a traditional air popper or a microwave popcorn popper. You can easily find a variety of microwave popcorn poppers in kitchen and retail stores and online. Be sure to look for one that does not require any oil.
You can also use store-bought microwave popcorn for this recipe. However, be sure to choose an unsalted, 94% fat-free variety. If you cannot find the unsalted variety, look for bags with 30 to 40 milligrams of sodium per serving.
Recipe and image courtesy of American Heart Association