The Diabetes Care Center at Saint Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing high quality care and education to those with Diabetes Mellitus. Our Diabetes Education Program has been awarded Recognition by The American Diabetes Association in Accordance with National Standards for Diabetes Patient Education Programs.
Our nurses are specially trained to:
- Manage a diabetes crisis
- Assist patient and family in the education process
- Manage IV insulin infusion
- Manage Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion
- Perform bedside glucose testing
- Provide follow-up education
Our Center provides specialized educational classes and sponsors a support group. We work closely with patients, physicians, and families in addressing many areas of diabetes care. If you or a loved one has diabetes, the Diabetes Care Center at Saint Francis Hospital is here to help.
Our Support Group is held on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in Saint Clare Hall. The Support Group is designed to offer continuing education and emotional support to those with diabetes who must care for themselves. No appointment or physician order is necessary to attend, and meetings are open to the public.
For more information on the classes and services available, please call (901) 765-2492.
- Our Diabetes Education Program has been awarded Recognition by the American Diabetes Association in accordance with the National Standards for Diabetes Patient Education Programs.